These cinnamon rolls are so easy to make, they take minimal effort and taste amazing. Recipe is below.
– 3 tbs. margarine
– 2 cups milk
– 2 1/4 tsp. instant yeast
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 tsp. salt
– 3 cups all purpose flour
THE CINNAMON-Y MIDDLE:
– 3 tbs. margarine (melted)
– 4 or 5 tbs. sugar
– LOTS OF CINNAMON
1. put milk and margarine in a bowl and heat in microwave 30 seconds at a time. Do not let milk boil.
2. Once butter and milk are warm (If milk is too hot it will kill the yeast) and melted pour into large mixing bowl. When in the bowl add yeast and let activate for 10 minutes.
3. After the 10 minutes is up, add the salt and sugar and mix. Add in the flour by 1/2 cup at a time.
4. Once all the flour is in the dough should be hard to mix and sticky. Take the dough out of the bowl place on a floured surface (i like to put it on floured wax paper, it seems to work best) and knead for a minute or two.
5. Once the dough is kneaded it should become a light fluffy ball, take the ball and place it into an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area to rise for an hour (or until it is doubled in size).
6. After it has doubled in size, take it out of the bowl and place back on flour-y/waxy surface. I put another piece or wax paper over top and flatten it to about a 1.5 cm (You could use a rolling pin for this, but because the dough is so sticky i would still recommend using a layer of wax paper between). Try and get it as flat and as wide as you can but no thinner than 1.5 cm.
7. Now that it has been flattened it is time to make the middle. Melt the butter, then add the sugar and cinnamon. Spread all over the flattened dough.
8. Cut dough into 2.5 cm strips and roll into little dough babies. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet and place on the stove while it heats to 350. Bake for 20-25 minutes.