These upgraded mashed potatoes are a great addition to any meal. Recipe is below.
-2 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes, peeled or unpeeled (I chose to leave the peels on)
– 1 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup of milk
– 2 tbs margarine
– 5 pieces of bacon
– 1 cup real cheddar cheese
– handful of diced green onion
1. For the first step i opted to do a bit of prep. I cooked the bacon, chopped up the cheese (i cut into little cubes) then i cut the potatoes.
2. When the prep is done, boil and cook the potatoes as you would for regular mashed potatoes.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, add the sour cream, the milk and the margarine. Mash up that up either in the cooking pot or an oven-friendly dish .
4. When its all smooth and creamy add the bacon and mix in. Then add the cheese.
5. The next step (if you havent already done this) is to transfer to an oven dish. When the potatoes are in the dish, broil the potatoes on high for 5-10 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
6. Once the potatoes are done, add the green onion, and serve up