This spicy peanut dish is great because it can be easily tailored to your preferences.
– 1 to 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
– 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
– 2 tbs. water
– 2 tbs. honey
– 3 tbs. soya sauce
– small piece fresh ground (or grated) ginger
– Chili flakes to taste
– 8 oz. linguine or fettucini pasta (we use brown rice pasta)
– Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into smaller pieces)
– 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
– 1/4 to 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
– Some chopped up green onion
*As a side, you can really add whatever vegetables you want. we normally add snap peas or beans or something, but we were all out of both options
1. To make the sauce, add the peanut butter and chili sauce to a food processor (if you dont have a food processor you should be just fine using a hand mixer), then add the water, honey and soya sauce. Once that is all mixed in, grab your ginger and grate it into the sauce. Then if it isnt spicy enough, toss in some more chili flakes. You can really make it as spicy as you want.
2. Cut up and cook the chicken
3. While the chicken is cooking boil and cook the pasta
4. When the chicken is almost done add in the carrots, pepper and whatever other vegetables you want.
5. Once the pasta is done, drain it and return to pot. grab your sauce and add it to the pasta and toss.
6. When the chicken and vegetable combo is complete, add it to the base.
7. Plate and sprinkle with green onion