It’s that time of year when wild blackberries are ripening, lets take advantage!
– 2 to 3 cups fresh blackberries (depends how fruity you like it)
– 1 cup oats
– 1/2 cup softened butter
– 1/2 brown sugar
– 1/3 cup all purpose flour
– 1 tsp. cinnamon,
– 1 tsp. cloves
– 1 tsp. nutmeg
1. Lay the blackberries in a 9x9in baking dish.
2. In a medium-large mixing bowl, add the oats, and butter. Use a pastry cutter to turn the mixture into pea size little balls.
3. Next add the sugar, the flour, the cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. continue to use your pastry cutter to blend all the ingredients together.
4. Once you feel as though it is crumbly enough add the topping to the blackberries in the dish.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake for 45 minutes to an hour.