Chocolate, coconut, oh my!
This easy, gluten free, delicious “bounty” bar is so tasty and fits wonderfully into a paleo diet as well.
– 1 & 1/2 cups hazelnuts
– 6 pitted medjool dates
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
– 1/2 tbs cocoa
– 2 cups coconut
– 1 & 1/2 cups honey
– 2 cubes dark bakers chocolate
– 16 whole almonds
***THIS RECIPE DOES REQUIRE A FOOD PROCESSOR
1. Put hazelnuts in a food processor and grind until they are in small pieces.
2. When the hazelnuts are small, add the dates and the melted coconut oil. Process until it is well mixed. (Note: you may need to hand mix it slightly as the “crust” may become stuck to the bottom)
3. grab a 9inx9in baking dish and press the mixture into the bottom. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl add the coconut and honey. Hand mix until all or most of the coconut is coated in honey. Add the coconut to the base already in the dish.
5. Melt the 2 pieces of dark bakers chocolate in the microwave until it is melted. Use a spoon and drizzle the bars with the melted chocolate
6. Place the 16 almonds in between where you would cut to make the bars.
7. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Then cut.