This little snack is a classic and is so delicious and easy to make.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
– 1 cup butter/margarine
– 2 cups brown sugar
– 1/2 cups corn syrup
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 2 tsp vanilla (i use more because i like it vanilla-y)
– 5 to 6 cups popped popcorn
1. preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Pop ya’ popcorn and put it in a bowl.
2. In a sauce pan over medium heat, add your butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring it to a boil and let boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
3. While its boiling prep your baking dish. I opted to line mine with wax paper BUT, you can grease or use whatever you want. Transfer the popcorn.
4. Once the 5 minutes of boiling time is up, add the vanilla and baking soda. Pour syrup over the popcorn and mix well.
5. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely then break apart.